Free Webinar on College and University Emergency Response Training
As part of FEMA’s Emergency Management Higher Education Program, the Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is offering the following webinar:
“In Emergency Response, Great Plans Are a Smart Thing: Training is Everything!”
April 23, 2015
11:00 am – 2:00 pm EDT
Presenter: Bo Mitchell, President/Founder 911 Consulting
Smart plans are critical. But, if we don’t get the words off the paper and into people’s heads, we have failed. Thus, training is everything given that people can’t and won’t run to look at binders for response in a real emergency. What are the legal requirements for training? What are the current practices and obstacles on campuses regarding training? What are the proven ways to train for emergency response? How does your campus compare?
- What are the laws, regulations and standards that control emergency plan training?
- How will lawsuits affect you and your campus?
- What are – versus what should be – the overriding attitude of administrators in training employees in emergency response?
- What are the obstacles and consistent mistakes administrations make in emergency training?
- Do we need to train the Emergency Team differently than the rest of employees?
- How to protect your administration?
Conference Number: 800-320-4330
Participant Code: 316172
To join the meeting: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/he/
For additional information, contact Lillian Virgil, Chief, Mitigation Branch, Emergency Management Institute, Lillian.Virgil@fema.dhs.gov or call 301-447-1490.
Tags: emergency planning, EMI, FEMA, training, webinar