Posts Tagged ‘public-private’
The Miami-Dade County Public-Private Sector Meeting was held online on Monday, August 8th from 8:30 – 9:30 am.
- Explore the Meeting Agenda
- Review the presentation from Steve Detwiler
- Check out the SBDC Disaster App (“Bizaster”) with Brian Van Hook
- Learn about a new Business Continuity Information Network with Steve Luis
A recording of the February 11, 2016 webinar “Alliance for Response: A Public-Private Partnership for the Arts and Culture Sector” is now available to view on AIC’s YouTube channel.
The program featured FAIC’s Emergency Programs Coordinator Jessica Unger, AFR Miami Co-chairs Steve Detwiler and Kim Bergen, and Heritage Emergency National Task Force Administrator Lori Foley.
Be sure to check out the recording for yourself and share the link with others!
Save the Date:
Thursday, February 11, 2016
1:00 – 2:30 pm Eastern
Alliance for Response: A Public-Private Partnership for the Arts and Culture Sector
The “whole community” concept underscores the importance of cross-sector collaboration in strengthening a community’s resilience. This 90-minute webinar will explore a unique public-private partnership between cultural heritage and emergency management professionals called Alliance for Response (AFR). Launched in 2003, this program has connected more than 800 museums, libraries, archives, and other collecting institutions across the country with their local first responders and emergency managers.
An overview of the program, administered by the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation, will be followed by a close look at one AFR network – AFR-Miami – which is co-chaired by an emergency manager and a cultural steward. Other AFR networks will likewise share how their network has influenced local planning efforts and enhanced the protection of cultural and historic resources. The webinar will conclude with examples of federal guidance on protecting these resources. Each segment will offer ample time for Q&A from participants.
- Jessica Unger, Emergency Programs Coordinator, Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works
- Steve Detwiler, Emergency Management Planner (Recovery & Public-Private Partnership), Miami-Dade County Office of Emergency Management, AFR Miami Co-chair
- Kim Bergen, Registrar, FIU Wolfsonian, AFR Miami Co-chair
- Lori Foley, Administrator, Heritage Emergency National Task Force, FEMA/Smithsonian Institution
You can register for this webinar at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/324068228757202177