Posts Tagged ‘simulation’
The SBDC at Florida International University (FIU), in partnership with USAID and FIU’s Extreme Events Institute, has developed a disaster-preparedness mobile app that allows business owners to better prepare their companies for disasters and to jump start operations post-event. The app includes customizable checklists, disaster simulations and assessments to help entrepreneurs identify risks to their business.
Other features include:
- Free and available in both English and Spanish.
- Customizable assessments to determine all risks to the business, along with ways to mitigate these risks
- Table-top exercises to simulate a disaster and test the ability of a business to respond.
- Disaster checklists on insurance, business operations, emergency response, and developing supply kits.
- Step-by-step assistance with developing a business continuity plan and emergency response plan.
- Templates for employee emergency contact sheets, credentialing letters, and post-disaster decision making charts.
- Helpful checklists on avoiding contractor fraud, utilizing social media post-disaster, and tips on crisis communications.
- Additional resources on cyber security information.
- Monitor and save progress in completing each requirement in the different phases of “Prepare,” “Respond” and “Recover”
Below are the links to download the app from both the iOS and Google Play Stores.
Apple App Store:
There are also two demo videos (in English and Spanish) on YouTube: