Training Opportunity for Colleges and Universities
FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute (EMI) is offering training to teams of higher education campus personnel and their emergency partners who are responsible for creating, reviewing, implementing and exercising emergency operations plans (EOPs). The target audience for this course is people who have traditional response or strategic experience, but minimal experience in emergency management planning. The three-day course is primarily interactive presentations coupled with numerous individual and group activities and exercises.
Topics to be covered include:
- An overview of emergency management
- Identifying hazards and using a risk assessment process
- Managing your Emergency Operations Center (EOC) using ICS (Incident Command System)
- Partnering with your internal and external community
- Developing and/or revising your Emergency Operations Plan
- Training and testing your plan
If you work at an institution of higher education, encourage your Office of Emergency Management to apply to host this free course on campus. The application deadline is August 14, 2015. For more information, click here.
Tags: emergency operations plans, EMI, FEMA, risk assessment, training